Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. When consumed in meat form, it has been discovered that tryptophan helps reduce anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. Dark chocolate has more cocoa which contain substances known to relieve stress and induce calmness.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Folic acid is found richly in asparagus. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.